Thursday, November 29, 2007

An Interesting Take on Sean Taylor's Death

I was surprised to see a pointed social commentary like this on FoxSports.com. It ought to get all of us to stop and think about the societal evils we gloss over on a daily basis. Jason Whitlock makes some compelling points that ought to be the starting point for discussions about how to make life better. Unfortunately, it probably won't. Because no one is listening. Everyone is reacting. Our society has come to the point where everyone just reacts and blasts back at the thinker. Mr. Whitlock's "crab-in-barrel mentality" extends far beyond this scenario.

He'll probably be lambasted to the point where he offers the obligatory "I'm sorry to anyone I've offended" speech. His employers are probably already getting calls to fire him immediately. I hope he doesn't and I hope they don't. Read it. Think about it.

Taylor's death a grim reminder for us all

No comments: