Monday, August 27, 2007

Monday Night Vick-Fest

Maybe it's just because the game was in Atlanta. Maybe not. But I like to think of sports as an escape from the front page of the newspaper. I've always said that the beauty of the sports section of the newspaper is that it is the only section that focuses on people's accomplishments rather than on their shortcomings...

So much for that theory.

But is it me or does it just seem like this new ESPN Monday Night Football crew spends an inordinate amount of time talking about non-football stuff? Tonight I'm surprised they've taken a few moments to show portions of the game as an aside from their incessant re-hashing of guessing about Mike Vick's future. The game commentary tonight was probably better suited for Court TV than ESPN.

I miss Joe Theisman and Paul Maguire...

No comments: